Hello,
I hadn't heard about the earthquake in Japan . Our car broke down on Thursday so we have been walking everywhere since then. We had to walk to church yesterday ; it took us just over an hour to get there. the car probably won't get fixed til Wednesday. The power went out again yesterday but came back on late last night. I only have a few weeks left in Botswana. I have been sick the last few days but I think I'm getting over it. Hope you all have a good week
March 14th 2011
Hello,
How is life? Everything is going ok here. Our car got fixed on Tuesday. This week went better,
the exchanges were really cool, I went to Kanye which is huge village, all dirt roads with donkeys everywhere. I was able to get the package. Thank you so much! The A-1 sauce made it okay and I bought some steak today so ya. I think my favorite part of the package was the pistachios. Unfortunately our water is out again its been off all day and I'm not sure when it will come back on. At least this time we are more prepared. This week we had some fong kong pastor putting on a show at the stadium every night so after about five in the afternoon Lobatse looked like a ghost town, so it has been kind of a slow week. Stake conference was good; we had to go to Broadhurst which is right to Gaborone. Today we were going to go to a game reserve but on the way we hit a huge pot hole and popped a tire. Then after we got there it was pretty expensive and they told us our chances of seeing anything was slim. We went to try another place but on the way we got lost out in the bush and saw a bunch of wild warthogs, so it was pretty sweet. Afterward we went to Gabs to get some KFC, and then went souvenir shopping. I got a sweet set of hand carved wooden coasters, a carved elephant and few other things. We spent two hours trying to track down contact solution. While we were shopping for souvenirs there was a guy selling shambocks(whips) so I had to put on a show for everyone. It was pretty sweet. As far as our teaching pool goes we are teaching a few sweet families that will probably be baptized in April. We 've done a lot of contacting this week and we've met some pretty promising
people. I'm probably going back to SA in two weeks though and I probably won't get to see any of them baptized. We don't have any baptisms planned until the 24th of April. This week has been busy though , but it has been enjoyable. Hope everything is going good, talk to you next week.
Elder Finlinson
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment